DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 2006, with an intake of 30 students. During the year 2008-2009 the intake has subsequently increased to 60 out of which 50 students are studying at present.
The Department has an elaborate subject coverage and practical focus on:
- Computer Application in Civil Engineering
- Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Environmental Engineering and Pollution Control.
Head of Department
Mrs. V.Rajathi, B.E.,
Mr.R.Raj Anandh, B.E.,
The following Laboratories are equipped with latest equipments which help the students to improve their practical knowledge.
1. Material testing Lab
2. Construction Lab
3. Survey Lab
4. Environmental Lab
5. CAD Lab
Merit of the Department:
- Achieved cent percent result in Survey in the Board exam during the Academic year 2007-2008.
- Achieved cent percent result in Theory of Structures in the Board exam during the Academic year 2007-2008.
- Achieved 95% in Fifth semester and 91% in Third semester in October 2008 board exam.
- Selvi.P.Sivaranjini and Selvan.V.Sankar of Final year Civil Engineering Department took part in the State level technical Symposium held at SRI SOWDAMBIKA POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE, Aruppukottai.
- Mr.A.Karthi of Civil Engineering has scored centum in Survey during the year October 2007.
- Miss.P.Sivaranjini, of Civil Engineering has scored centum in Theory of Structures during the year April 2008.
The Students of Civil Engineering had participated in NSS Camp for duration of one Week. They also took part in the “AIDS AWARNESS” rally.
|News / Events